Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Mother-daughter bonding, Day #2

Know what Clementine wants? Her mommy. All the freakin' time. Mother-daughter bonding complete:

do we look alike?

And while it was a joy the first time she freaked out when someone else was holding her and reached for me, now it's...well...let's just say Nate isn't taking it well. He's sad. Very sad. And promises of the day when she will one day manipulate us by calling him her favorite aren't doing anything to make him feel good.

Today was a success, though I was a little out of my mind with boredom by about 10:30 a.m. It's not that playing with her isn't a blast; I just haven't found my groove yet. We ran some errands, Clementine charmed some strangers and we worked hard at getting some good sleep. Oh, yeah, and she banged her head on the floor a dozen times to work up some more bruises.

2 comments:

ÜberDad said...

The Mommy-Lust has recently hit all time highs at our house too. I swear, by 3:30 - 4 EVery day,Henry is at the front door repeating like an old CD player, "mommy mommy mommy mommy". And at night, I may as well be a horrible monster by the way he reacts to me. Only eyes for Mommy.... yeah, sometimes it gets old.
Fortunately for me, I get him all to myself all day long 4 days a week, and he gives me lots of hugs and smooches and actually listens to me fairly well. So I can get over the Mommy-Lust most of the time.
BTW, thanks for the support on my blog.

Allison said...

Beautiful Mommy and baby