Thursday, March 02, 2006

Internet, you are so wise

Thank you, Internet. Thank you for your help with my dilemma. You all had such good perspective, and I'm going to listen to each and every one of you. Really. I am going to be good to myself and not buy something I hate, but I'm not going to buy the super-expensive one either. I think I knew I shouldn't--I didn't even tell you what it was called (Zeus by Agington) or give you a link to it because then you might know it would be $370 with a cushion. I must have been secretly ashamed, but it wasn't ultimately the price that made me decide no. It was YOU, reminding me that I needed it to be functional and comfortable in addition to cool and stylish. My new mama life is about balance, right?

So I am going to go with a stylish and cool one, even if it is more than the plastic and easy one. It will be comfortable, easy to use, washable, easy to move. It won't be super portable like the booster or the one that attaches to a table, and that's because I don't have a table that is appropriate for a baby to eat off. It will be wood, it will transition with her, it will be FINE. I'm sorry I freaked out over such an easy little thing. Thanks for reigning me in. You're all so SMART, and I'm not just saying that. All of you except Karen, that is, who logged her opinions as both anonymous (and lied and misspelled, no less, just to throw me off her scent) and tinker so she could ultimately be right. OK, Karen, I'm not buying the really expensive one. But whichever one I DO buy I want to see your precious little Sam in. That will be funny since Sam is a cat.

So thank you one last time, Internet. My baby is crying now, so I must go. Have I told you how she won't sleep? Yeah, she just won't. We had a tremendous night with so much fun just the two of us and she apparently never wants it to end. I'm so cool, she can't bear to sleep. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

2 comments:

Dr. S said...

Okay, I've got to say that that high chair is so freakin' cool that I'd like to get an adult one. And one of those swings.

Sharpie said...

Sleep - somehow they never need it when you NEED them to need it, right? Wait a while, mark my words - you WILL look back and say "I DO miss them getting up all happy with that big toothless grin happier than anyone has EVER been happy to see YOU." They never really look at you like that again. Actually I get a lot of eye-rolling now.....