Tuesday, January 24, 2006

We so shouldn't be parents

What can I say? My baby just loooooves her bottle--even when it's not full of milk. Every time we're holding her (real) bottle, she dives for it and does anything she can to get her mouth on the nipple. This week we learned her desire is for all bottles, nipple or not. I can't tell if this means she's a genius, a future lush or both. And I don't know what to say about the terrible camera angle on the pictures with me. Do I really have that many chins, or is Nate a shitty photographer?

Click on the photos to see them a little larger--the look of concentration on her face is too much!





2 comments:

Dr. S said...

Brilliant. Apparently, when I was very little, my parents let me try some red wine at a dinner party. When asked what I thought, I said, "I prefer something a little more robust." May Clementine's first words be something similar. (Or, again, a line from the Beastie Boys. "I like my sugar with coffee and cream" would be another good one.)

keep showing up said...

Looks like C. knows what she wants, and the best parents I know recognize and nurture their children's instincts, no matter where these zany instincts lead.

And, no more talk of chins except the adorable dimples that mother and daughter share, ya hear? Or else I'll stop reading this site that I found altogether comforting when I speculate the Great Unknown Over the Horizon: Children, J-O-B, and a loving partner who enjoys taking photos as much as I do.
xoxoxoxo FFF

p.s. - thanks for the b-day greetings. no streaking nude down buffalo hills, but i'll save that for the big 4-0!