Saturday, February 11, 2006

The silver lining?

If the dark cloud is darling C.'s refusal to latch and enjoy a normal breastfeeding relationship with me, I may have found one part of the silver lining: car rides. When darling C. wakes up screaming in the backseat, the most gymnastics I have to perform is to wiggle into the backseat and locate the bottle to pop in her mouth. As I did this last night, I thought how grateful I was to not have to find a way to position myself over her carseat and dangle my boob down in there to feed her at 70 mph. Especially since Nate's car doesn't have tinted windows.

2 comments:

Dr. S said...

Also, as she's teething, she won't be biting you. The bottle probably won't care if it gets bitten.

Mama C-ta said...

Yeah the dangling boob act ain't no fun. I agree, I'm really impressed you keep pumping, that's dedication. You should be proud you are for continuing to give her the best!