Sunday, February 12, 2006

Can I get some cheese?

What do you get when you cross visiting grandparents with a sick three year old who has just become a big sister and is feeling a little left out, a hungry newborn, a cranky infant who refuses to sleep and three sleep-deprived parents? A whole lotta whine!

We're having a lovely time on our second consecutive weekend in Chicago, and we've had some fun Windy City adventures. But for now I'm T-I-R-E-D, wondering what the hell is wrong with my sister that she wants to keep having more kids (one feels like more than enough to me right now, thank you) and wishing Nate would get off his ass and invent a teletransport device so we can skip the five hour drive home and just zip ourselves right into our own cozy bed right now.

I can't wait to get the family portraits we just tried to take off the camera. I think between a pantless Abby crying in the middle, zonked out Nora and fussy as hell Clementine, we may have finally captured the essence of parenthood on film.

1 comment:

Mama C-ta said...

As fun and relaxing your trip in Chicago sounds right now, I'm so jealous you live so close to there! I wish I could go there for a weekend w/out flying!