Friday, September 01, 2006

Nah-nah-nah-nah! Hey-hey-hey! Goodbye!

It's officially over. Last night was my first since beginning the weaning process that I didn't end up soaking myself with unpredictable leaks. I keep thinking it's over, but then I'll be in the middle of an important meeting or standing in front of a huge faculty meeting and then BAM! leak, leak, leak.


But here I am today ready to throw my breast pump out the window! It's finally over, and I can't believe I made it as long as I did. So long sucka:











Rest assured Clementine will still be breastfed through her first birthday, my only goal. I have enough milk to float a small ship, so now instead of pumping, I'm just defrtosting.












Let us not speak of my now miniscule breasts. They look so sad and deflated. I am sad and deflated, but now my T-shirts look a lot less Pam Anderson, and that's just fine by me.

1 comment:

Emily with an M said...

You are such a wonderful mama for nursing your girl for as long as you did. I haven't found the whole story...but did you feed her only by expressing milk? I thought I wanted to boot kick my pump ... I bet you're ready to go all "Office Space" on that shit. (Hope you've seen that movie).

Brava, mama. And congratulations on your first year! Geez, Louise it sure goes fast.

xo