Monday, August 28, 2006

Just about a year ago...

We were waiting. We were excited. We had no idea what was about to happen to our lives. We even thought that crib would see some action. *Sigh* We had so much to learn. Look, I seem giddy.:


I remember thinking at the time that I hadn't gotten grossly big or anything during my pregnancy. I was clearly crazy or so hormonal that I couldn't register things normally. The picture below makes me want to hurt Nate--not just for taking such an unflattering photo (I swear, I'll never sit down in future pregnancy pics) but for ever ever letting me leave the house in a shirt with horizontal stripes. I mean, really. Why is he so thoughtless?


I've been waiting for the big bloat that I imagine is gunning for me since I stopped breastfeeding. These pictures alone make me want to put down the chalupa for some nuts and berries. All that aside, I did love being pregnant. I miss it sometimes!

We're in high holy countdown for the big birthday. I'm feeling very nostalgic and can't look at too many pictures of the little girl without crying. What will I be like when she goes to college?

2 comments:

Dr. S said...

Well, I think you look gorgeous, as does the soon-to-be-born bébé.

Sharpie said...

College? Try preschool. And then Kindergarten. And then......*blows nose* Nevermind. I'm not helping.