Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Day three of grilled cheese

In which we continue to eat hunks of fatty cheese between huge slices of bread because:

  1. I no longer have time for grocery shopping, balanced meals, meal planning or cooking of any kind.
  2. I overzealously bought cheese at the Cheese Haven, a huge and yet divey little cheese shop we stopped at on the way home from camping this weekend.
  3. We apparently never ever want to poop again.
  4. I L-O-V-E my panini maker to an extreme and perhaps troubling degree and will make ANYTHING if it can be cooked on it.
  5. I have totally run out of steam and food no longer holds any pleasure or interest for me unless someone else prepares it. And delivers it to my home. And cleans up my dishes when I'm done.

Tonight my goal is to send out long overdue invites to Clementine's birthday bash and faux baptism, a blowout of huge proportions that will happen on Labor Day weekend amidst the chaos of the Michigan State Fair (helllooo Alice Cooper and leagues of carnies), the Detroit Jazz Festival and the arrival of my mother for a weekend that isn't about her. Holy hell, we'll see how it goes.

So I must get to it. Then I'll have to plan a menu. Then maybe start to clean because it may take two weeks to make this place presentable.

Still to come...long overdue Chicago pics and new pics from camping. Hoory!!

2 comments:

Dr. S said...

One winter I ate little besides Italian fontina oven-toasted on French bread. I lived. You probably will, too. But go for the Italian fontina.

Emily with an M said...

God- our lives have such parallels. I'm so sick of take- out. So sick of it.