Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A day at the zoo

I'm a such a nerdy first-time mom. I took over 200 pictures of Clementine's birthday party and faux baptism!! By the time I can post them all and write about it, she will be graduating from college. It's either that or I'll post from work. What am I thinking? I can't even remember to eat and pee at work these days, so maybe I'll have to pull an all-nighter. I had a dreadful day at work--more than any one person can do in a week, much less a day. Plus the assistant I was about to hire took a job somewhere else. PLUS I hit a dumpster with my car trying to get out of a parking place. Hell's Belles I need a drink.

But before that, let me extoll the virtues of the zoo. We are fond of it, even if Clementine could care less about the camels (though she is starting to take an interest in the penguins and makes the baby sign for dog whenever she sees anything with fur). If nothing else, it is a great place to go for a long walk far, far away from my white-trash ghetto of a neighborhood (did I tell you about the bullet in the roof of my car yet?? Yeah.). Before the birthday bash, we took the whole gang there for a little stroll.

Not only did we walk with the roos and spot the mountain lions, we also got to hang with the tragically hip playgroup, a group of parents with Bugaboos, rock-n-roll hair and more black clothing than an undertaker's convention. While normally I would look at those kinds of people with recognition and longing, watching them talk on their cell phones while they pushed their $900 strollers and fluffed their hair made me loathe them. See? I can competitive mother like the rest of them. It should be an Olympic sport.

I should get back to the hundreds of birthday pics calling my name, but I can't stand the thought of being in front of the computer another minute. Check back soon for party pics. They're really effing cute if I do say so myself.

No comments: