Friday, May 05, 2006

Strawberry Clementine Alarm Clock

One of the joys of cosleeping I don't appreciate enough is that I never ever need an alarm clock (except if I have a really early meeting). Sure, the kid doesn't always sleep through the night, but she's pretty good about getting up every morning and crawling around between us, knocking her cute little head against ours in her form of a kiss. It's hard to get out of bed most days because she's so damn cute, acting all surprised to see us when we peek-a-boo out from beneath the covers, squeezing our noses, just loving on us in general. Know when it's not cute? At 5 a.m. Sure, she was cute and playful, the same loving little baby we could roll around with for hours, but it was 5 frickin' a.m., an unholy hour if you ask me. Sure, I could have gotten up and gotten a good start on my day, but who are we kidding? It would be nice to do yoga, eat an actual breakfast, maybe even blow dry (or at least brush) my mop of hair. But sleep is SO MUCH SWEETER.

To remind myself that Clementine is sweet at all hours of the day (I've been pretty grouchy on this lack of sleep), I just uploaded come pics of our recent bike ride. She loves the bike but hates the helmet, which is too big to be safe, I know. I am a terrible parent.


happy on the bike
get it off!


And maybe this is why she hasn't been sleeping so well lately:

must. have. coffee.


I don't really have to tell you it's closed, do I?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, that's a neat bike thing. What, does it sit on the bar of your bike? Neat! Where'd you get that? :)

amanda said...

The bike seat is called the Wee Ride, and we got it online at Target. I really like it because she gets to look around and see stuff other than my back. It takes a little getting used to at first--your legs have to compensate a bit and no more standing up to power pedal, but thumbs up overall.