Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Another oops!

OK, so I just now realized that I totally missed my 8 month letter to Clementine, and although I feel like a jerk (seriously, how can the 5th of a month pass by me so easily now—have I somehow forgotten?), I’ve decided that it’s much more like real life to win some, lose some and move on. I don’t need to write an 8 months, 11 days letter to validate myself, do I? I didn't even start these damn things until she was 5 months old, so what's the big deal? Her perpetually unfinished baby book will not have her mother’s reminiscences from every single moment of her life, but I bet she’ll live and still manage to have a sense that I love her more than anything and have done nothing quite as wonderful with my life as watch her grow up. Besides, I’m going to write a heck of a 9 month letter, and I think it’s important to start the “I’ll do better next time” cycle of mom guilt now, so I’ll be really good at it once she’s a teenager and disappointed in my every small failure.

1 comment:

Sharpie said...

Ahhhhhh I am so pwoud of you gwasshoppa!! You have learned the art of LET IT GO!! We can only do so much - and we do it well - so do not feel bad at all!!