Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Wriggly, Giggly Little Thing

So I'm awake, I'm showered, I'm ready to go to work and I take one last look at my little girl and I can't quite walk out the door. After a night of stomach crunches (is she getting in shape or just trying to bypass the natural order of skills and learn to sit straight up?) and wiggling, she has found a way to free herself from her swaddling at last. Instead of just loosening the blankets, she has pulled her arms out of the sleeves of her PJs toward freedom. Then she slapped herself in the face enough times to wake up. How can anything that happens at work today compete with that?

1 comment:

Dr. S said...

Does your digital camera have a video function? You could film her and take the camera to work and catch clandestine Clementine glimpses to tide yourself over till evening...

I love the slapping-self-in-face detail; I can picture it.