Monday, December 19, 2005

A milestone

Last night, darling C. rolled over for the first time completely unassisted! Sure, she's been flirting with it for a while and able to roll over on the bed when one of us is weighting down a side of it. But last night, she was on the floor and rolled from her tummy to her right side with no help whatsoever. When I flipped her over, she did the same thing again, this time rolling to her right. I'm a little geeked about the whole thing--who knew I'd feel so pleased and proud and at the same time so sad? It's amazing to watch her grow up so fast and strong, but it's sad to think she will never again be the wriggly, sleepy little package I first brought home with me.

Other firsts on the way! We have a sitter tonight, and I'm going to see my second movie in an actual theater in a week (the first two in more than three months). I saw the moving Brokeback Mountain last week with my friend Laura, but tonight I get to go with Nate. Who knows what we will see? We've talked about a double feature--we did that a ton in the weeks before darling C. arrived. I feel almost giddy with the possibilities. If all goes well, perhaps I won't have to leave Nate at home on the 23rd for the holiday benefit at the Magic Stick. Our favorite Blanche is playing with the Muldoons, Thunderbirds Are Now! and a ton of other great local bands. Is it too good to be true? Let's see what Clementine thinks of being left with a sitter before we make any other plans.

No comments: