Wednesday, July 12, 2006

We've got the fever...

...and not for the flavor, either. Clementine has a raging come-and-go fever, and today is the first day I've been able to leave her to get some work done in my office. I've been trying to work at home while she takes her hot, sweaty little naps, but things are piling up, not that I can muster up too much energy to care.

She woke up on Monday with a fever but was in a great mood all day long. She had a terrible night with a super-high fever that I couldn't break with Tylenol or cold compresses, but Tuesday she was at a normal temp most of the day. Last night was the worst so far, though, with 102 degrees (in the armpit because I just can't fathom the rectal temp yet--she's hot, it's bad, how much more exact do I need to be?) and goosebumps all night long. She felt like like she was on fire, even her cute little hands. We did cold compresses again, which, because she was wearing a tie-dye, has left her stained blue, and she again woke up, took some Tylenol and has NO FEVER. It's a mystery, but can I just brag about how well-natured she's been through the whole thing. It hurts to be away from her, but I know she's with her dad and happy this afternoon.

2 comments:

Sharpie said...

God - I HATE those come and go fevers - Miss Thing had one for a week and a half - good luck - hope it breaks soon.

(And I chuckled when you said the tye-dye stained her...lol)

Emily with an M said...

Hey mama! This sounds EXACTLY like what we just went through with Ramona. Her fever got up to 103 and then broke, came back up to 101 and then- voila- a huge rash all over her trunk, neck and face: ROSEOLA! She's had a fever before with an ear infection and I could tell that was painful. With this one she was in the best mood ever but hot as a little potato! Then it broke again and that tell-tale rash. Maybe Clem's just got that? Get well soon, bebe!