Thursday, July 27, 2006

And now for something completely different...

...me PRAISING the institution of day care. Yes, my job sucks these days and yes I would love to have a bit more time with my kid, but here's what day care means to me these days:

1. Someone else can watch Clementine for a few hours as she kicks, screams and shrieks at the top of lungs, pulls hair and hits when someone does something crazy like keep her from biting into a live electrical wire or take away the bottle of dangerous poison she is likely to drink. Yup, you can have the temper tantrums because my patience is wearing thin.

2. I haven't changed a dirty diaper in over almost two weeks! Wet, yes; dirty, no. She's always at day care when the urge strikes her, and last weekend she had a little bout of vacation constipation. I've almost forgotten just how disgusting it is, but I'm worried that means my gag reflex is coming back.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hurray for no poopy diapers and poo for her neediness. G was a horribly whiny kid till about 15 months or so. She was never happy and it about drove me crazy so I totally know how you are feeling. I can only tell you that it does get better and they grow so fast.
givingmommy.typepad.com