Sunday, June 18, 2006

On a roll


As I continually dash "I'll nevers," today we stopped for a Father's Day ice cream treat, and I can add "I'll never give her refined sugar before her first birthday cake" to the trash heap. Because she is looking unusually cute and is gregarious with all those she meets, the woman at Shaker's couldn't help but give Clementine a little baby ice cream cone. Think she liked it? Ummm...although I can't keep her from throwing her sippy cup, her dinner, her toys or even her own precious lamby on the floor again and again, I had to pry the mess of mashed up cone from her vice-like grip and initiate a scream-fest, the likes of which we have never known. Nate's still trying to calm her down, and I imagine I'll never be able to drive past that ice cream stand again. Where's the camera when you need it? Nate snapped these with his camera phone, although they don't really do justice to the absolute bliss she fell into from the very first lick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum!! Refined sugar doesn't count when it's in an ice cream cone, or when the majority of it covers your face. I'm going to Dairy Queen...

Mama C-ta said...

I'm so jealous, I'd love to give Cricket an ice cream cone but you know, the whole dairy issue for us! Really I just want an excuse to go to Cold Stone Creamery and have someone to share a sundae with.