Friday, March 16, 2007

DST

Is Daylight Savings Time kicking anyone's ass out there as hard as it's kicking ours? I've had moments of wit and clarity this past week when I should have blogged, but they were few and far between as we have returned to darling C's noctural wakings. I think I'm averaging about 4 or 5 hours of sleep. Not only does she wake a few times, she has now learned that she can actually get out of her own bed and pad down the hall into our room. The first time it happened, I thought it was so cute, listening to her footsteps and then seeing her head round the corner with a curious "Mama?" Last night I waited until she got all the way up to my face becfore asking her if this was soome kind of joke. "Yeah," she said, clearly not understanding my sarcasm.

So in lieu of observations and anecdotes about my ever-quirky, hilarious little girl, I'm relying on photojournalism. The week in review starts with a lazy Sunday afternoon reading. Does she want us to read to her? No, no, no. She'll do the reading, thank you very much:

wanna hear my favorite book?

In fact, she's so eager to read that she'll make a seat out of anything and take a book. I've found her in the closet, on a box, in a suitcase and on a bouncing ball (starting to sound like Dr. Seuss). Oh, and she's also not above cleaning off my bedside table and making a perfect little seat right there:

this isn't a chair?

At the zoo, she was excited to be a frog on a lily pad. She's never content to do anything silly alone, however, and we're happy to oblige. Whether it's walking like a flamingo, neighing like a horse, or hopping like a frog. I love Nate. Click on this picture to see more frogs.

look! we're frogs!

Even when the seals and polar bears are too busy sunning themselves, the underwater viewing area is her favorite place of all.



And as the weekend winds down, there's nothing quite like some coloring.



I'm going to take a nap now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's too precious. And enormous! How old is she now?

P.S. I see the footwear, go crocs!